• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Shimano XTEA 5000 Baitrunner

Graham Elliott

Senior Member & Supporter
Bit disappointed in the heavy rain yesterday, to discover that the side Decal (silver bit) on the reel is simply held on by glue alone and the 2 screws sited top and bottom do nothing to hold it in place.

It's by the Kennet somewhere........

Anyone had same happen yet?:(

Graham

No problems with mine, though i've not been out much due to work.....feel smoother than my older 5000GTE's

Had 3 since they were first introduced, only problem was sticky drags, entirely due to leaving them set at a hefty setting, just slacken them off(standard stuff, easily neglected!) and they are the dogs wotsits.
peter

Bit disappointed in the heavy rain yesterday, to discover that the side Decal (silver bit) on the reel is simply held on by glue alone and the 2 screws sited top and bottom do nothing to hold it in place.

It's by the Kennet somewhere........

Anyone had same happen yet?:(

Graham

You did well to ditch the bling Graham. A nice plain minimalist black look is all the rage this season.... :D

Does not affect the reels at all Ade. And as the others say, very pleased with them.

Just a bit surprised that they are glued on - but then again , I rarely use a brolly!

For the same reason, as you state Ade, Ii try not use the gold spools unless it's Xmas time.

Graham

Back