• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Shimano XT4000FA

Adrian Cole

Shimano XT4000FA baby baitrunner. New, never used or spooled with line. Boxed with spare spool as it was purchased.
£87 posted.

NEW FOR 2011 FROM SHIMANO

Designed for lighter specimen fishing, the XT combines the Baitrunner free spool facility with a multi-disc front drag for versatile performance over a wide range of methods from predator fishing through to carp.

Possessing many technological features from the top of the range Shimano specimen reels the XT has 4 stainless steel shielded ball bearings and a roller bearing for super smooth, reliable performance. A Cold Forged AR-C spool with Varispeed line lay makes this reel perfect for thin mono and braided lines and offers excellent casting performance every time.

With a powerful 4.8:1 retrieve ratio and Zinc Diecast gears, the new Baitrunner XT may be small, but it is a tough reel that can cope with just about everything from large carp and pike, to zander and barbel, and is perfect for using with lure, strong telescopic and lighter specimen rods.

Gear ratio - 4.8:1
Line cap. - 200yds/10lb

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the shout but I'll decline on your kind offer. I'm definitely looking for something around the 2500 size and also not looking spend quite as much as that either.

However, I'll forward your offer onto a friend on BFW called Ramon San Juan. He may be interested?

All the best,

Andreas.

Back