• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Shimano XT RB 6000 vs Shimano 6000D

Shimano aero gt 8010 second hand , or second hand ultegra 10000 if a fair bit on the tidal trent .

Just bought a pair of the XT 6000 RB's to put on my Chimera 3's (8000's were a little too big). Used them on the Trent last week, very nice. Got a couple of dozen baitrunners ranging from 4000 to Big longcasts. These feel just like the rest of them.

Last edited:
What’s your choice ,for fishing big river ?
Ultimately it comes down to the preference of where you want your clutch.
On the back it’s more convenient if your one of these people that like to fiddle with them during the battle.
On the front it’s a direct set of plates inside the rotating spool so the performance is always going to be better in this case.
Depends where your priorities are. I like them on the front so for me I’d chose the D

Shimano Baitrunner medium lc ci4 5500xtb Shimano Baitrunner 6000D Shimano thunnus 6000

Last edited:
Were talking rivers not reservoirs ;), how far do you need to go ? I have a friend who refurbed my 3500b, i could put a 3oz lead in the oppositions net. 😄
👍
It was maybe a little bit of tongue in cheek D.
They ain’t breaking any casting records but they ain’t bad little reels in fairness 😉

Edit…. It wasn’t a refurb. It was a complete total rebuild 😅
Yours probably would cast to the horizon as after I’d finished with it, the Swiss were head hunting me to start building their time pieces 🤣

Last edited:
Back