• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Shimano OC 4000

Christian Tyroll

1 x Shimano OC 4000 for sale

The reel is in good condition but when line is pulled forcefully the clutch is slipping. By slipping I mean the drag adjustment knob is moving with a jolt in the tightening direction, leaving the clutch in a firmer position than where it was originally set.

I am not mechanically minded but for someone who is it may a simple fix, failing that a service. Hopefully the price reflects this.

£40 delivered.

Attachments

• IMG_1783.jpeg
    IMG_1783.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1782.jpeg
    IMG_1782.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1781.jpeg
    IMG_1781.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 82
1 x Shimano OC 4000 for sale

The reel is in good condition but when line is pulled forcefully the clutch is slipping. By slipping I mean the drag adjustment knob is moving with a jolt in the tightening direction, leaving the clutch in a firmer position than where it was originally set.

I am not mechanically minded but for someone who is it may a simple fix, failing that a service. Hopefully the price reflects this.

£40 delivered.
Hi
Have you tried swapping spools?
Have you tried fully loosening the drag and the baitrunner, then resetting both?
Just a thought
Regards Wayne

Hi Wayne, I've only got the one spool. Resetting the drag/ bait runner doesn't make any difference. I leave reels with the everything pretty slack anyway. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Back