• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Shimano help!

Paul Deans

I would value some information on the following fella's,

Could you tell me the difference, if any (pros & cons) between the Shimano 5000 gte & the 5000 gte c. Good, bad or indifferent.

I want to replace the reels that I use at present, but cant afford the XTEA jobs. We Yorkshiremen are not made of money you know! :))))

Big thanks, and I hope you are all filling your boots with fish! :).

I'll take a stab that the more expensive model has SBL, which is apparently the thing that stops the wobble on retrieve. And you probably get a double handle on all reels with the SBL included...

The clutch mechanism on the GTE-C is the same as fitted to the XTE-A. A big improvement over the old GTE and RE.

Dave

To Dave, cheers for that info, that helps me make up my mind.

To David!
dont you think its hard enough already for me gawping at those lovley Shimano XTEA's. I have been eyeing up the lead on the local church roof after thinking "an hour up there and a trip to the local scrap yard could see me looking at two of the little beautys on my rods". I am scared of heights and my back is shot, so luckilly the congregation can sleep well in there beds tonight.

Thanks for your replies fella's.

To David!
dont you think its hard enough already for me gawping at those lovley Shimano XTEA's. I have been eyeing up the lead on the local church roof after thinking "an hour up there and a trip to the local scrap yard could see me looking at two of the little beautys on my rods". I am scared of heights and my back is shot, so luckilly the congregation can sleep well in there beds tonight.

i paid £92.00 for mine, only a few quid more than the gte-c's.

To David!

No problem. Just remember to back off the clutch after a session and they'll serve you well.

Dave

Back