• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Shimano Aspire Ultra feeder or float or Fireblood feeder.

Alec Hague

Senior Member & Supporter
If anyone has one of these, preferably at the lighter end, and looking to sell please give me a call. Been looking for years , got quite close a couple of times but no cigar as yet.

Frustrated severely does not accurately describe my condition. A brand new 13 ' float in Warrington for fair money and the seller won't let me pay and arrange collection. Says I can pay but if someone c

Frustrated severely does not accurately describe my condition. A brand new 13 ' float in Warrington for fair money and the seller won't let me pay and arrange collection. Says I can pay but if someone calls, pays and collects the rod will go ," as they need the room". Obviously I am not going to get this one either. Small matter of 201 miles distance apart is the problem. Old enough to have had worse disappointments!

Thanks. Yes I have paid for it already. Due to be picked up tomorrow or Tuesday so 9 year quest is over.Quite disappointed in some ways, what can I look for now? Ha.

Delighted to report that after a 9 year quest I finally have a brand new 13 match float. It's mine although I don't actually have possession but I do have control. My cousin collected it at lunchtime in Abergele. The saga ends! Now I need to consider how I get it but that's the easy bit. Phew! Now, what can I look for now? The only other rod I seek is a 2lb fs but they won't be in my price range in forseable future so that's it, no more, given up.

bump.
Well got the 13' float yesterday, all safe and sound. Seen pictures of the case before, its a light grey hard case! had "multi float" printed! never seen a multi float, feeder of course but float? Might have to ask Shimano if a misprint. Staggeringly thin. Only looked last night but it reminded me of my ags/air! Will put a reel on it in the garden and have a waggle. Only taken 8 years or so, now for the feeder!

Back