• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Shimano 5000GTE baitrunners

Dan Whitelock

Pair of 5000GTE twin handle baitrunners. Come with a spare spool each. Both in great condition. Selling due to having bit of a thin out and a very painful car mot bill! £offers as I'm not entirely sure what they go for nowadays...... PM is fine. Collection from Huntingdon, Cambs.

They go singularly for around £60 to £70 each on eBay very sought after. Pairs for around £100 to £120.

Being a collector of the said reels ! Clive is correct in the prices he says, a mint boxed on will fetch around £85 though, very sought after and my advice Dan is keep them, imho much better than anything of recent times.

Thanks guys! Since I've switched to centrepins though they've not been used at all, and unlikely to be needed now as all I fish for is barbel on small rivers with the odd day tench fishing on a small pond in the spring. Gotta get my bits sold to pay for this mot bill. I really dislike being a grown up.........

Back