• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Shimano 2013

Darren Rosie

On my way home from work called in at my local tackle shop( Daves aquarium) where i was shown the shimano catologue for next year, look out for the new baitrunners, barbel rods and the most innovative rod quiver you will ever see. Lots of bits and pieces for roving with clips on set at the same spaces so you can carry whatever you gear you want together on a strap over your shoulder leaving your hands completely free.:)

CI4+ Will be a big big seller also seems theyve sorted there rod range out aswel. also a re-release of a barbel rod is on the way ;)

Lets hope that they get their backsides into gear and actually put a hardcopy catalogue out for the new stuff.

An increase in reel quality would be a plus, their baitrunner range have got steadily worse over the years.

The 5010/8010, 10,000XTE's and original aero 6000 and 8000gte's being the last really decent bits of kit that I've used. The dl/st range seem a compromise on quality and the D range were made for salt water apparently so I wont include them in my little "put down"!!

Last edited:
Shimano Technium Magnesium 10,000XSB - RRP £749.99 - Call For Best Price!

BEST price :eek: I should think that's about as good as it's going to get, as far as Shimano are concerned :D

Cheers, Dave.

Strange that there's a fair number of products that were also in the 2011 range that haven't really been available since they were sold off at the turn of the year (Beastmaster/Antares Concept Barbel rods amongst them).

Then there are the new items for 2012 which I've yet to see available for sale anywhere, be it a bricks and mortar shop or on-line. (Purist Landing Net being one example.)

Lets hope they realise the error of their ways in dumbing down bait runners. Maybe an XTEA special edition! Hopefully appreciate the growth in Barbel fishing and customer market for quality reels! Lets see.

Lets hope they realise the error of their ways in dumbing down bait runners. Maybe an XTEA special edition! Hopefully appreciate the growth in Barbel fishing and customer market for quality reels! Lets see.

This is just the next variation of the XTEA and pretty much the same price too. The only real snag for many is the disappearance of the 5000 size reels from the Baitrunner range. Not quite so bad if you've got 5000s for sale, they are actually increasing in value.

This is just the next variation of the XTEA and pretty much the same price too. The only real snag for many is the disappearance of the 5000 size reels from the Baitrunner range. Not quite so bad if you've got 5000s for sale, they are actually increasing in value.

What are the 5000 GTEb's fetching. I've got two on my Avons and they're slightly on the large side.

£45-£50

Back