• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Shelf life boilies - Dynamite Baits

Lol spicy tuna, shellfish,pineapple,spicy prawn, and halibut. all done well for me

dont over feed

when the rivers low and clear fishing small pellets is the way!
i mainly use boilies autumn/winter and when i use them call me tight but in autumn i fish a bag with 2 crushed and 2 whole boilies:eek: yes so many!
we also find plip plopping to be good which is flicking the odd boilie in the zone, i dont worry about these baits rolling out of the swim(freebies)give the fish confidence.
in winter i'll fish a single bait with a similar paste wrap(flavour) but location is defo key as their not moving.

1 bag of boilie's will last me 15-20 sessions in autumn and all winter in winter;)

i've added this as barbel talk is a open forum and they'll be newbies reading this going down the carp anglers route of filling it in:eek:
this will do no one any favours!

i mainly use boilies autumn/winter and when i use them call me tight but in autumn i fish a bag with 2 crushed and 2 whole boilies:eek: yes so many!
we also find plip plopping to be good which is flicking the odd boilie in the zone, i dont worry about these baits rolling out of the swim(freebies)give the fish confidence.
in winter i'll fish a single bait with a similar paste wrap(flavour) but location is defo key as their not moving.

1 bag of boilie's will last me 15-20 sessions in autumn and all winter in winter;)

i've added this as barbel talk is a open forum and they'll be newbies reading this going down the carp anglers route of filling it in:eek:

Good advice MR Charlton must be the time of year , lol.
Only difference for me is that the boilies have been glugged for nearly 12 months:)
Also sometimes use a block end feeder with just paste in;)

Aliens are taking over our bodies

Iwill probe Mr Charlton:eek: just to check that hes feeling well with all this information thats going on:rolleyes:

Hey tight;):D

In a predicament here got £??? to spend on Dynamite bait products. Has anybody used the Red Fish boilie yet? it seems as all the boilies seem to catch, tempted now with source. It might be best just to take a plunge.

Can someone puut up one of those threads where we can vote which Boilie??? like in the fish in the month section...

Jon,

Why bother with new baits when you are happy and catch plenty with the baits you are using, use the vouchers to get other stuff Jon, why complicate your fishing with baits everyone is chucking in!!

Red Fish boilies will catch as will all the dynamite baits, plenty of people use them so plenty of the bait gets put in the Trent. I have used a lot of the baits and have a black bag full of dynamite boilies which i now just crush and chuck in my feeder mix.

In a predicament here got £??? to spend on Dynamite bait products. Has anybody used the Red Fish boilie yet? it seems as all the boilies seem to catch, tempted now with source. It might be best just to take a plunge.

Can someone puut up one of those threads where we can vote which Boilie??? like in the fish in the month section...

I have used Source for a couple of seasons and they seem to be better than most of the other boilies I have used. As they have Robin Red in them as does the Red Fish so are similar.
This season it has not been a wonderful one for me, so far (I live in hope:))
But the highlight for me was the 'new' bait I have used that promoted takes when nothing else did....
And that was Sonubaits 11mm soft 'hooker' packed with oils that put down a good scent trail. They do three or four flavours tried them all, and the one that did it for me was the Halibut and Hemp.
I was so impressed with the bait I rang Sonubaits and told them I thought they were the dog's doodahs ;)
(Never did get any freebies, not even a cap:mad:)

I have used Source for a couple of seasons and they seem to be better than most of the other boilies I have used. As they have Robin Red in them as does the Red Fish so are similar.
This season it has not been a wonderful one for me, so far (I live in hope:))
But the highlight for me was the 'new' bait I have used that promoted takes when nothing else did....
And that was Sonubaits 11mm soft 'hooker' packed with oils that put down a good scent trail. They do three or four flavours tried them all, and the one that did it for me was the Halibut and Hemp.
I was so impressed with the bait I rang Sonubaits and told them I thought they were the dog's doodahs ;)
(Never did get any freebies, not even a cap:mad:)

My double came on sonubaits double hemp and spicy sausage after spending some serious time and effort with finding the right bait as put before it could have been any bait in my line and the barbel would have took it I'm sure (my hook and bait was simply in the right place at the right time).
Think the problem with a voted thread is there's that many boilies out there don't think all could bed listed, IMO is choose what I think would be best I'd it doesn't work you'll know for next time mate.

My double came on sonubaits double hemp and spicy sausage after spending some serious time and effort with finding the right bait as put before it could have been any bait in my line and the barbel would have took it I'm sure (my hook and bait was simply in the right place at the right time).
Think the problem with a voted thread is there's that many boilies out there don't think all could bed listed, IMO is choose what I think would be best I'd it doesn't work you'll know for next time mate.

Hi Wayne
Still buzzin with that double I bet:)

Fact is I did blank on the bait when the water was colder, but then again I couldn't get a sniff on anything else either.
But I did 'field' trial the bait in a manner, like switching the hookbaits around when I was getting fish on one flavour...that was hard,:eek: and the bites dried up.
But I also am aware it can be very regional or just moving pegs will make a difference.
Personally I like Dynamite baits, and if I had to choose just one bait from the range to fish everywhere in the Summer and Autumn, has to be the Hallibut 14 mm pellet.

Jon

I wouldn't bother with source on the TT i've been through a bag in the last year,caught plenty of Chub but never had a Barbel on them but did manage to catch a 20lb Mirror on my last Boilie:).
Mainly fish pellet but had a few this year on Chocolate malt & tiger nut.

Last edited:
Hi Wayne
Still buzzin with that double I bet:)

Fact is I did blank on the bait when the water was colder, but then again I couldn't get a sniff on anything else either.
But I did 'field' trial the bait in a manner, like switching the hookbaits around when I was getting fish on one flavour...that was hard,:eek: and the bites dried up.
But I also am aware it can be very regional or just moving pegs will make a difference.
Personally I like Dynamite baits, and if I had to choose just one bait from the range to fish everywhere in the Summer and Autumn, has to be the Hallibut 14 mm pellet.

Hi Neil, you guessed it mate, living the dream as always lol even more so after having a pb chub a couple of week ago and a pb perch on Sunday aswel as my second ever river pike. My first barbel this season and on my local came on the hemp and spicy sausage and my first ever double, but have struggled like buggery on them all in all tbh, a big sit and wait game on them mate. But Iv been doing fantastic on dynamite 10mm halibut pellet, Iv had 30 or so barbel on them this year.
Regards

Last edited:
Jon

I would'nt bother with source on the TT i've been through a bag in the last year,caught plenty of Chub but never had a Barbel on them but did manage to catch a 20lb Mirror on my last Boilie:).
Mainly fish pellet but had a few this year on Chocolate malt & tiger nut.

Funny you should mention about the source Rick, I have seen a few caught on source but never succeeded on them myself, stopped using them after spending 48 hours on the TT when a lad turned up and banked a barbel after 20 mins when I'd just packed up maybe not the one for me?

Back