• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Shakespeare 15' B1 Specailist float rod

The Superteam light feeder looks a very useful rod. It is 45g casting weight with lines to 6lb, but the video blurb says can go heavier esp with braid. A 2oz lead or feeder would be fine, a good chubber?

The light tip is the nearest to a light bomb rod that are rare now, ideal for smaller species and comes with white painted tips, the light feeder green.. yuk.

Fill 'yer boots you won't be disappointed.
The solitude rods are decent, I tried the Avon version when it first out, didn’t buy it because I have far too many Avons😂, the light quiver is the one I want for roach, chub etc in small streams. I mean, no one can say no to the sexy green blanks.

It seems to be an eccentricity for some top fishers. I bumped into a very talented angler on a local lake some years ago as he was trying to catch one of the (to me) tricky carp on dog biscuits in the April sunshine. 'Any good?' I enquired. 'I've had 3 ' he replied. 'you're having a good spring!' says I. 'no mate, 3 today...' he said. Just then a fish started taking his freebies and he went to put his rod together intent on casting to it. Suddenly he stopped what he was doing and started scrabbling around in the grass coming up with a broad-bladed stem of greenery. 'what's that for?' I asked, certain that some secret rig was about to be revealed. 'I need it to stick in the ferrule, it's a bit loose without it'. ....

Lovely memory to have Paul
IMG_0458.jpeg

Me too
Got 3 rods , a weigh sling and some bank sticks for about the same price as a takeaway curry for 2.
Perfect for son in law and grandkids who want to go muddy hole fishing and I’m sure I’ll give them a whirl too.
I dipped in again and ordered a solitude tip rod to go with the concept, better spec than the concept apparently, not sure of difference though.

Back