• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Severn BAA parking

You've not offended my sensitive sole Antony, so no need to apologise as far as I'm concerned.
Maybe not the best worded first post I've ever seen tho, especially when your seeking advice/info from the 'locals'.

Maybe the use of some 'smiles' like:p;):D:cool: would have helped....

Seriously tho, as long as your sensible, I don't think you will have too much problem on the BAA's middle Severn Carparks... its not as if you'll be night fishing is it;) (see what I did there......)

Steve

Neil, no not American, parents from Staffordshire, enough said! Sorry no symbols Steve I don't like em. The cows? I thought it was funny but at first I thought someone had nicked a bus, driven across the meadow and rammed me. I've got a picture of them all looking at me as cows do in the morning and later that evening when I had my torch shining on the van it looked like a scene from CSI .... where they'd been licking the van after bashing it the toungue marks were all highlighted, very odd. Mind you when I was trying for a Salmon last week the same field had a bull in it so I might have got off lightly. Tony

Tongues like 80 grade ,and the locals are like Jack Turpin .

7310920478_1a459f0e1b_c.jpg

Pons

Hello,

I've got a BAA ticket to have a go on the Middle Severn this season but I'm slightly concerned that with the present economic hardship facing us all that undernourished locals may try to plunder my van whilst I fish in an attempt to feed themselves. Whilst I don't begrudge leaving a few pellets and a bowl of water out for them I don't really want any gear left in the van nicked. Are there any blackspots and what's the score on parking generally. Many thanks in advance for any help. Tony

Best post i've seen in ages.....thanks! :D

hi steve, never found any problems parking in bridgenorth or any were around that area mate,

Ive fished the middle severn for years before i switched to the lower severn. Bewdley, Arley, Bridgnorth etc and never had a problem parking and leaving my car. Must admit though I would never leave any fishing gear in my car. Only thing i noticed with the Arley car park was some of the 'boy racers' used to congregate there as it was getting dark. Found the locals to be friendly though.:D

I've fished the BAA sections on the middle quite a bit, never had any problems.

If you're worried about the car then I suggest you try the Arley sections, or Quatford.

Both stretches are quality barbel waters but if you want a bit of peace and quiet park at Arley and walk down to the Trimpley section. Bit of a walk but it can be rewarding.

Back