• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

severn at coalport quite high

That'll be the Robin Hood. Pop downstream a bit and do some vid of the Boat Inn, I bet they've got a new mark on the door this year.

adrian, my girlfriend ceri has worked at the boat for the last 5 years & its actualy not too bad, the pub floods at 4.8 mtrs, its due to peak at 5.2-5.5 tommorrow morning.
some of my best fish have come from directly in fron of the pub (through the gate directly below the bridge) inc.2 14s,

I love the boat, I just wish I lived closer, 8 miles is too far to make it a local. I know exactly where you are fishing and have often stood on the bridge watching the fish below. My old mate Jack swore he had a 17 from there 15 years ago, I'm not sure what mushrooms his Mrs put in his bacon butty that morning.

This watercolour is on my dining room wall, it shows the floods of 2000 though it was painted in 2005.

002-3_zps037ce8c5.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Neil, I used to live just over the river there, the mucky duck the other side of the bridge being my local. A bit far though now and new owners (and barmaid) since I was last there :(

Adrian, that would be it, when Brian still used to own it. I think I've frequented all the pubs around there at some time, a few sadly no longer there. Always used to like the Woodbridge as well.

Hope you don't mind me commenting but if that is an original watercolour I would advise getting it re-mounted. Notice how the bevelled edge of the mount has gone a browny colour? That is because the mount is low grade and leeching acid out of the pulp core and in time the acid will affect the artwork.

You need to get along to a decent picture framing business and ask for a conservation grade mount and be sure that it is "book mounted" to a separate undermount.

You can find good framers (including myself) listed on the Fine Art Trade Guild website at Fine Art Trade Guild - Welcome to the Fine Art Trade Guild

I think it's an amateur painting taken from a photograph and probably mounted by the artist. Tbh if I were to take your advice the mount would cost more than the picture was worth but thanks for the information.

Back