• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

serious walking boots

Darren Rosie

Probably been done before, but can anyone recommend some really top quality boots with good protection for me feeties that are waterproof and similar to 18 hole doc martens for walking good distances on the ribble :)

Never had my feet in anything as comfy as the muck boot taysports not sure if they are what your looking for but they are amazingly comfy.

Scarpa boots are hard to beat, especially if you have wide feet like myself

Meindls from me, Darren.
Mine were lined with memory foam and quite easily the most comfortable boot I have ever worn, out of the box.

Meindl Borneo Pro MFS Walking Boot

For walking/Hiking I have used a pair of Scarpa Rangers since 2007, so almost 5 years old and many thousands of KM on the clock ( I do 10-20 KM most weeks ) mixture of terrains, I would say they are about half way through the life cycle and still keeping water out. Then again I have looked after them as per the guidance. Makes sense to try out and get fitted if you are parting with a ton or more for boots. Get it right and no blisters ever, they will be as reliable as your favorite rod and reel!

Brasher Supalite - not cheap, not really high, but comfy, lightweight, waterproof and bombproof. The deal clincher for me is that they are easy to clean.........

Belleville American Army Desert boots are great (if you can find them ;)) for three seasons with a decent pair of neoprene wellies for the winter.

I agree with John if your spending a few quid get to your local outdoor shop and try a few different pairs on
I was dead set on getting a pair of Meindl boots recently and tried a couple of different styles but none felt comfy on me
Ended up with a pair of Salomon quest boots fitted my feet a lot better have had them a month now and have been great I'm glad I went and tried a few pairs on first

Dont dismiss top end of the market wellies i.e. Aigle, I paid £110 for a pair of Aigle 9 years ago and am only now looking to replace with another pair (and I have lived in them). They have a walking boot sole and I can walk miles in them.

Just clean them with tyre restorer every couple of months and they will last a long time.

Back