• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

September Fish of the Month Sponsored by Pallatrax

Pleas vote for your favourite below:

• Goyt 10lb 12oz

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Thames 14lb 14oz

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Trent 15lb 1oz

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Teme 12lb 6oz

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Dove 17lb

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Trent 16lb 4oz

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Swale 12lb 8oz

Votes: 22 17.3%
  • Hampshire Avon 16lb 11oz (River Record)

Votes: 59 46.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Swale for me, great looking fish and a daytime capture which makes it a little more special. Extra points for doing it all with one leg.

Last edited:
Tricky one, the Trent fish are probably the same fish, the tail damage is fairly distinctive but it's no less a notable fish for that.
The Dove fish is a well known specimen which has seen it all and then some to catch anything from this river is an achievement.
The Teme fish is a proper specimen for the river, especially in September. There have been plenty of bigger fish caught from the river but many of these have come from the lower river and are Severn fish caught either back end as they enter the river prior to spawning or early season on their way back to their normal haunts on the Severn.
I dont know enough about the other rivers to comment so I have limited my vote to one of the above three.

Had to think hard about this one, all lovely fish, especially i think the Dove fish, but i went for the Avon, hope the Otters don't get her :(

Ian.

She hasn't been out since but no sign of her remains either.
Walked the stretch today and there are a few otter 'runs' about.
Anyway dont want to gate crash this thread with them dam things!

Just had to vote for the Swale fish - I know from hard experience what an effort the northern rivers require! All great fish though - well done to all!

Back