• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

September 2012 Fish of the Month Sponsored by Pallatrax

Please vote for your favourite:

• Thames 15lb 5oz

Votes: 29 28.7%
  • Teme 10lb 9oz

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • Hampshire Avon 14lb 13oz

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • Kennet 13lb 9oz

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Hampshire Avon 14lb 6oz

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Nene 14lb 3oz

Votes: 31 30.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

Here are the nominations for the September 2012 Fish of the Month competition sponsored by Pallatrax.

Don't forget to add the weight of your fish to your gallery entries to ensure they're eligible for the competition. I don't include fish stated simply as 'double', even though they're obviously potential winners.

Many thanks to Pallatrax who offer a fantastic prize to the winner every month.

slim1.jpg

5047ab54dd441.jpg

Thames 15lb 5oz

504bafd5db420.jpg

Teme 10lb 9oz

5064b44c12719.jpg

Hampshire Avon 14lb 13oz

5082f00b4ace6.jpg

Kennet 13lb 9oz

50843dfd170dc.jpg

Hampshire Avon 14lb 6oz

509082ec1edb2.jpg

Nene 14lb 3oz

Had to go for the Teme as they are very thin on the ground nowadays. Some lovely looking Barbel lads.

Agreed Jon, some cracking looking Barbel on show. Went for the Thames fish myself. The Nene 14,3 and H.Avon 14,13 look in fantastic condition - great photos chaps.

Albert - where have you been? The BFW gallery dispelled that notion years ago!! :)

Some cracking fish there, so hard to choose and well done to everyone.

Despite being a Thames man, the Hampshire Avon 14.13 is a stunner :)

This looks the closest competition yet, what happens in the event of a tie?

We either share a few pebbles or better still we have a gudgeon-off at night. :D. Don't do daytime fishing as don't have time :p ;)

Last edited:
Hi dave
albertnot wet a line this season.had 2bad falls and on a walking frame at the mo.i am hissed off but Barbara is hovering with the starting handle.thanks for asking.

Hi dave
albertnot wet a line this season.had 2bad falls and on a walking frame at the mo.i am hissed off but Barbara is hovering with the starting handle.thanks for asking.

Hi Albert, yes I know you have been through a very rough patch, and had some bad luck along the way. Thing is, you still keep your chin up and carry on mate, you make me feel embarrassed if a have a winge :p I bet that walking frame has scrapes on the side where you lay it over to take the corners a bit fast as well :D Oh, and tell Barbara to be careful where she sticks that starting handle :D

Power to you Albert, keep on keeping on fella.

Cheers, Dave.

Well i went for the Thames fish .... because
1) It was caught at night
2) By my good mate Paul
3) and he needs the hooks ! :p:D:D:D

Just Kidding!!!

I actually went for the Nene fish, not an easy river i hear, cracking fish ! :D

Ian.

Back