• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Seer Trotter

Tom Casey

Senior Member & Supporter
Does any body know which blanks these rods were based on and estimated value if in fair condition ?

Thanks in advance

Tom,
I own a 13' version in good condition and would expect similar to sell for around £100-150 if sold on ebay. I wouldn't accept less than £150 for mine as they are rarely seen for sale. It's that rarity that affects the value of these rods as a second hand item of tackle rather than their performance as I'm sure a modern Free Spirit or Harrison Trotter would outperform them (IMHO). Lovely rod to own and fish with and a little bit of history too.

Yes , they were , as I recall, built on Harrison blanks . Very fine rods Andy and Jill produced some great rods and had some innovative ideas , remember the ' tremble ' rings on the handles of some of their rods ?

like these ;)

Down locking with ring inserts, Roberts rings and up locking.

Harrison blanks and worth what a buyer will spend but I would expect £150 for an excellent rod to £100 for an average rod.

IMG_0747.jpeg

Tom, only two seer rods have sold on Ebay on completed listings, one a 20ft trotter for £170 plus 9.99 postage ( started at £170,only one bidder so a limited market) the other a ledger rod £140 plus postage.They have a few admirers but if you are thinking of selling do not start them off low because you might only get one bidder and sell it for peanuts.Maybe try buy it now at a decent price or sell it on here.

Tom, only two seer rods have sold on Ebay on completed listings, one a 20ft trotter for £170 plus 9.99 postage ( started at £170,only one bidder so a limited market) the other a ledger rod £140 plus postage.They have a few admirers but if you are thinking of selling do not start them off low because you might only get one bidder and sell it for peanuts.Maybe try buy it now at a decent price or sell it on here.
It is a gamble starting things on e bay for a low price BUT you will get more people bidding , you could always put a reserve on [ there is a fee ] . Or put it up buy it now or best offer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, been away for a few weeks:)
The advice of Mike and Mark have hit it on the head, if a collector wants it you will be looking at £180+ but £150 is a reasonable reserve for a really good condition rod

Harrison blanks. And sold mine years ago in mint condition around the £160 170 mark.

Had a few of their rods, from Rovers to Trotters and Quivers, got brilliant monetary returns on them!

Back