• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Scunthorpe Amalgamated Anglers

Garry Howell

Hi

I was wondering if anyone fishes the Scunthorpe Amalgamated Anglers waters, already looking for something new next season, I fished the Trent a few times on day ticket this season and was looking for decent priced season ticket as its a bit of a long trip and will only use it a handful of times - also I have seen Ladypitt Farm on tv and it looks lovely - but also looks as though it could get a bit busy.

Any advice - positive or negative welcome - thanks.

6067E038-8B85-4BCF-8410-8B35D886FD71.jpeg
scunthorpe have lots of the trent … ladypitt gets really busy the stretch below is better from nabbs island down it’s called east stoke £50 a year available on a guest ticket from nottingham piscatorials….£50 … the opposite bank is fiskerton most days you will have it to yourself…. east stoke in the pic

East Stoke season ticket is now £75 and there was a waiting list for it. Don't know if that is the case now.

Ladypit farm is good but most of the fish are small and it gets very crowded. Scunthorpe have lots of good barbel fishing on the tidal Trent, including night fishing.

Garry,the Scunthorpe AA book has got to be the best value book in the country.£45 per year,£35 concession.
On the Trent we have Ladypitt farm,South Clifton,Girton,Besthorpe,Dunham Bridge and Rampton Island.
There are barbel throughout these stretches,and best of all,you can always find a spot away from the crowds.
And not forgetting my favourite The River Idle at Lound.There are some pristine barbel in there,not to the sizes of the Trent fish,but I find it more rewarding,as every fish is hard earned,as it’s a shallow clear and very narrow river,and the fish are easily spooked.Having said that,it’s maybe not a venue I’d want to travel any distance to fish.
So when you think what you would pay for a day ticket,the Scunthorpe book is great value.

Great book plenty of other fishing to be had all of the river ancholme, and the warping drain, Louth canal to name but a few ,no waiting list and not the Kings ransome to join either.

I joined SAA last season, only fished the tidal Trent once but looking forward to getting on it a little more next season.

Thanks for all your comments on this, I will have to give it some thought - I am about 2 hours from the Trent so whatever I do I hope to be worth the trip. I have only fished the day ticket stretch of Fiskerton so far with decent results - might just concentrate on that for another season.

Back