• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

scalded Boilie??

Stephen Scaysbrook

Does anyone know if its possible to scald boilie (dynamite boilie chops) in the same way as we do pellets??..
I could just pva mesh bag them of course but I'm thinking of saving the price of the mesh if I can put them through a feeder on the Trent.
If not any other suggestions are very welcome.
Thanks

Does anyone know if its possible to scald boilie (dynamite boilie chops) in the same way as we do pellets??..
I could just pva mesh bag them of course but I'm thinking of saving the price of the mesh if I can put them through a feeder on the Trent.
Thanks
Just break em up and squash em into the feeder and pack it tight job done.
You need to scald pellets because they are rock hard but boiles stay in feeders quite well when crushed up and pressed in without the need to scald.

Stephen. As above. Just crush or halve the boilies and mix in with water softened pellet and pack into an open-ended feeder. Use the actual river water. Should do the job nicely. Varying the size and pellet 'flavour' also helps the attractiveness of the mix.👍

Thanks
You might struggle with scalding them. Unlike pellet, boilies contain egg so the albumin congeals with heat.

A quick blitz in a food processor will give you a fairly fine crumb consistency.

Then fill the feeder and put PVA mesh round it. The very wide stuff from ‘carp craze’ is good.

Back