• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Sad News

I popped in to the shop today. Expected to see Kev putting a brave face on it but Dennis and another chap were there. Kev is struggling apparently which is hardly surprising! Always liked Kev, no nonsense and straight as a die.
Sad news and thoughts with him and his family.

My thoughts with him and his family. Always such a pleasant chap and quick with help and advise.

Thats a real shame, only been in once, but liked the atmosphere and found him very helpful.
Best wishes to him and his family.

This is awful, awful news and a real shock. I’m a regular visitor and have enjoyed lots of banter with him over the past 3 years or so. Cancer is a total f**ker.

Very sad news. Always had some good sound advice, particularly for the visiting angler. My thoughts go out to his family. He was the '' Boss''.

I don't know Kev or the shop or the area but my thoughts are with him and his family, sad news

After this very sad news about a great character and a wonderful shop, full of great advice ...

Can the club tickets (Ross, Worcester, Monmouth, etc etc) still be purchased anywhere in Ross, given that the Angling Dreams chap in the other shop is basically an agent for his own posh stretches at posh prices??

Graham
Ross tickets on the bank.
Worcester I believe still from garage
Of course a BAA ticket is great deal for their stretch.
Also Stans 2 bits direct by phone to him.
Regulars should look at Hereford ticket.

Will miss Kev. Genuine nice guy.
Always helpful.

All bait etc now from Hereford - Sues or Woodys.

Thanks Graham.

Wonder if the garage now do the yearbooks for Bishopswood? They didn't previously.

And could you remind me what the Hom Green stretch is called? Dioes Angling Dreams do that now?

I think you can get it from the other Ross shop or the tackle shop in Worcester shown on the useless Worcester website.

No idea on your last two queries I am afraid Graham.

But if you are stuck and I am around and need a lift let me know.
(Very busy nxt 2 weeks)

Found out from Worcester's FB that the annual Bishopswood tickets are now only available by post or from the shop in Worcester.

Back