• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Sad News...Nick Fisher

Brian Willson

Senior Member & Supporter
very sad news is Nick Fisher was reported missing in Dorset, the police have found a body as yet to be identified but it looks very likely to be that of Nick.
He was driving his Nissan Navara and had his beloved dog with him, in a statement the police said there were no suspicious circumstances.
A BAFTA winner and script writer along with many tv appearances, such a shame and a sad loss.

That is sad.

I did enjoy Screaming Reels. It was unique in terms of its quirky, often bonkers format and in the way it took a wry sideways look at angling and all its glorious eccentricities.

That must have been at least 20 years ago?

I might have to dig out a few episodes on YouTube this weekend.

Just watched an old video of him and Eddie Turner a few days ago.
agree with Joe - typical 90s format but back then we didn't have much - Wilson, Keith Arthur?
RIP Nick

That is sad.

I did enjoy Screaming Reels. It was unique in terms of its quirky, often bonkers format and in the way it took a wry sideways look at angling and all its glorious eccentricities.

That must have been at least 20 years ago?

I might have to dig out a few episodes on YouTube this weekend.
I believe they are all on All4 at the minute Joe.

Very sad news, won a few items from his BBC Radio 5 programme, thought I was the only listener entering the competitions or the only listener. Used to set my alarm to catch the radio programme ......RIP Nick

Fantastic show was Screaming Reels RIP Nick

Back