• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Sad news - Keith Truscott

Paul Whiteing

Administrator
Staff member
It is with much sadness to report that Keith (Trussers) Truscott died this morning after a short illness.

Keith was one of life's true gentlemen, I first met him on a BFW Fish-in at the Royalty in 2001

RIP Keith

Oh no!! Haven't seen Trussers for a season or two. He really was one of life's good guys. As you say Paul, a real gentleman.
RIP Trussers old mate

That's really sad.
Met Keith at a couple of BFW fish-ins and he was a lovely fella.
Condolences to his family & friends.

Shit!
RIP Keith!
Sincere condolences to his family and friends, he will be sorely missed.

I had the pleasure of his company for a couple of evenings when I fished the Trent with Graham Elliott, lovely man who made me feel more than welcome. RIP Keith.

Very sad news….I remember Keith from our BFW fluff chucking days and met him again on the banks of the BS water at Sutton on Trent…plus, of course, from Various threads and discussions on here in days gone by

RIP Keith

It was awaful news when I was told earlier today, it’s been a very sad day. Had some great days fishing with Trussers always helpful and nothing was too much trouble for him. I shall miss him terribly. Rip ”Geordie Lad”. 😢

RIP Keith a very sad loss.

I heard, yesterday, of this latest sad news of Keith's demise. I met Keith through the Barbel Society and forever referred personally to him as "Sir" Keith, when he was appointed BS Secretary. I was honored, later, to take the post of BS Secretary, attempting to emulate Keith and Eel Fishers work. I shared Keith's interest in the English Test Cricket and discussed the teams sucess and failures .
RIP gentleman of note, Mike.

Keith bought a pin from me last year and we exchanged several emails. Turns out he lived just up the road from where I now live. Really friendly guy, very sad news indeed.

Keith's funeral is on,

Wednesday Sept 21st at 2pm

Nene Valley Crematorium

305 Doddington Road,

Wellingborough, NN8 2NX.

Back