• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Sad news....is this the same Steve from Here?

Nice touch Andy I'm sure this will bring some comfort in difficult times. Donated.

Been thinking about this all week hoping for a different outcome.....very sad news
RIP Steve
Condolences to his family and loved ones.
Donated

Last edited:
Andy,

I am sure Micky Holtom won't mind you using this one I have lifted from the Barbel Angler Forum

Donated.
Absolutely shocking. Did think about a life preserver after it being mentioned a few years ago, never got round to it.
Rip Steve

could i suggest that any money left over get donated to the Ms trust as steve had suffered from ms for a good many years in steves name maybe

Just Donated....RIP Steve.

Just caught up with this awful news, RIP Steve.

Had the pleasure of meeting Steve when I fished Padworth, he was a lovely guy who always had the time for a chat. Thoughts to Steve's family and friends - R.I.P

Really sad news ,kindred spirit and all.
Have not read all posts but wondered if a whipround would pay for a little bench (or similar) at Steves favourite swim.
Permissions reqd I know ,just a thought !

Theres a donation option in the shop section with money to go for a wreath and any left to go to charity chosen by family

Just got back from a long holiday in the Caribbean and to quote Mr Twain reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

I have no comment to make on the "real" Steve Stringer as I never knew him, but the early loss of any life is sad and my thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Back