• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Sad news about Fred Crouch

Very sad news.
He will be missed by many....

I had the pleasure of meeting and fishing with Fred a few times, but probably my most memorable was on a 'charity' Barbel day down on the Hampshire Avon.

I was lucky enough to win the day with this 12lb 7oz Barbel...

On the evening there was a meal, an auction, and then Fred presented the winner of the day with a tankard and a carved Barbel in a case, which the winner kept for 12 months.

That Barbel was named 'Fred the Barbel' by my kids, and took pride of place in the living room.

It was a great honour to shake Fred's hand and receive the prize....

rip Fred.

Although I never met Fred it is still sad news to hear of his passing.
To be remembered in the hearts of those who know you is to never truly die.

Same as above never met Fred but he has strived to enlighten and give back to our section of fishing it is indeed very sad news.

Truly sad indeed we have lost Mr.Barbel....Condolences to his Family. Fred you will live on with us Barbel Fishers...

Sad to hear this news - didn't know Fred personally but a real inspiration to many barbel fishermen.
Condolencies to his family & friends.

Back