• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rudd

Graham Hunt

There wasn't a thread for this most handsome of species so i thought i'd start one.

I managed to achieve an ambition on the last day before the river season started, i caught my first 2lber :D

P6150492.jpg

Just seen this on another forum. Because of the hat it seems to fit in better on here.;)
Nice fish, I hope to follow your lead one fine day.:)

Nice fish Graham.
Had a purple patch 3 seasons ago on my local lake.
I found a shoal of large rudd in one corner of the lake and they didnt move for about 3 weeks!!!
I was knocking out 2lb fish for fun....with the smaller ones at approx 1.5lbs.
All fish came to double red maggot fished approx 18" deep.
I was only fishing a couple of hours in the evenings and even my 9 year old daughter was catching them!!
After about 3 weeks the shoal moved and i've not located them since.... :(

They are indeed the most handsome of species and a photo never really does justice to just how huge a big rudd actually looks on the bank.

I've walked many a mile over the last three years trying to locate a few and was lucky enough to catch this new PB on the first day of the season. :)

Attachments

• S Hacking - rudd.JPG
    S Hacking - rudd.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 227
Back