• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rucksacks

These people make good bags
Had this a while now The 20L Dry Sling pack.. use this mainly winter when conditions
are bad .

Attachments

• IMG_2386.jpeg
    IMG_2386.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 114
The Tac 5.11 is made incredibly well
these are worth looking at … comfortable
and balanced… though only problem they don’t stand that well … thinking anglers love the design the right size made for anglers
but poorly constructed All bags 30 L and under that’s all you need for roving nothing
bigger tbh.

Attachments

• IMG_2389.jpeg
    IMG_2389.jpeg
    240.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2391.jpeg
    IMG_2391.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 93
I wonder if any minimalists are anglers? By that I mean, how little gear do you need for a days roving session? I am definitely NOT minimalist. I have a Korum Day Sack into which I cram so much stuff (half of which is in the category "just in case")
After reading this post I am going to re-think my requirements and having done that I reckon the little Day Sack will be ample for my needs.
I may take a spare reel.... just in case! 🤣

In most cases, all I carry are: a small tackle box with hooks, swivels and other small bits in it. A box (guru box) of hook link, few leads and feeders. Baiting needle, scissors, knife, pliers. Some ground bait or boilies in a bait box (two pint size), a pot of hookbait or a tin of meat. A bottle of water, a sandwich. All these hoes into my roving bag. And a hook mat attached to the bag, rods, landing net bank stick in the quiver or rod bag.

Seriously, tell me, what else do you need for a day of fishing?

In most cases, all I carry are: a small tackle box with hooks, swivels and other small bits in it. A box (guru box) of hook link, few leads and feeders. Baiting needle, scissors, knife, pliers. Some ground bait or boilies in a bait box (two pint size), a pot of hookbait or a tin of meat. A bottle of water, a sandwich. All these hoes into my roving bag. And a hook mat attached to the bag, rods, landing net bank stick in the quiver or rod bag.

Exactly! You don't NEED anything else. As I said earlier, it all depends on your outlook.
My small club holds matches during the year and I am no match fisherman but go along as its a good craic. The gear the match guys bring is unbelievable! Huge barrows full of stuff for a 5 hour match!
I'm definitely going to be more determined during my next roving session and even have a bit of space in it.
(Wonder what I could fill it with?) 🤔

... packet of kitkats, packet of pork pies, tube of pringles, some nice sauasage rolls, cakes and a bottle of lemonade 😋

Polaroids
Compact binoculars
Scales
Weigh sling
Hip flask
Have you seen those monocular's Joe? They're great for taking fishing with you. Not as powerful as binoculars but still get good views of birds etc. I have one in my rucksack all the time as they're so small.

Just for the record ridge monkey rucksack came today and I'm very happy with it ..thank you for all your input .hopefully it's the last rucksack I buy for a long time ..thanx again

Have you seen those monocular's Joe? They're great for taking fishing with you. Not as powerful as binoculars but still get good views of birds etc. I have one in my rucksack all the time as they're so small.
I've never tried them Paul.

I got a good deal on a 2nd hand pair of Nikon HD's over 10 years ago. I wouldn't ever go fishing without them. They only weigh about 10oz. Highly recommended.

Back