• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

rucksack quest

Problem with most big fishing rucksacks is that they mostly have rubbish harnesses that transfer most of the weight onto your shoulders, this was hammered home to me after years of lugging around a Wychwood Ruckman bag which damn near crippled me i bought one of the original Fox Rucksacks, this had a rigid shaped back and pretty decent harness, once this was adjusted properly the weight was almost entirely carried on your hips, the difference was incredible, now Fox have had a lot of stick over the years but that was a really good product and i still have it to this day but its sadly no longer in production. Just recently i bought a karrimor one with an adjustable ally frame/ harness and this is brilliant, frankly its a million miles better to carry than most tackle company bags i've ever tried,.

Those Fox bags come up on ebay occasionally, worth a look if you are in the market.

Those Fox bags come up on ebay occasionally, worth a look if you are in the market.

I bought one off ebay not long ago Adrian, like new it is, stored in a loft and never used. Problem is i forgot they did a 110ltr one and a sensible sized one, yeah you got it, its nearly as bloody tall as me (no great achievement) and even though i aint no weakling having spent nigh on 40 yrs in the building game, its still virtually impossible to move when its full :D

Any sensible offers accepted and no i'm not posting it !!!

Last edited:
I bought one off ebay not long ago Adrian, like new it is, stored in a loft and never used. Problem is i forgot they did a 110ltr one and a sensible sized one, yeah you got it, its nearly as bloody tall as me (no great achievement) and even though i aint no weakling having spent nigh on 40 yrs in the building game, its still virtually impossible to move when its full :D

Any sensible offers accepted and no i'm not posting it !!!

LOL, The more space you have the more junk you find to fill it, I soon discovered that when I bought a van, thankfully I have got used to it now and leave some kit at home.
The 75ltr 'stalker' is about right and holds plenty for me, even in the spring and autumn when you need a few extra clothes as it gets dark.

korum luggage

Ive got korum rucksack and ruckbag, rucksack doesnt have chair clips like the ruckbag, i just use a couple of straps for chair!
both bags are strong waterproof and seem durable, rucksack three seasons not rips or tears or any stitching issues.
I tried em! i like em! and thats all i use....:)

Back