• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rucksack chairs anyone use one

Paul Clotworthy

Been thinking of getting a rucksack chair for a wile now but can’t decide on which one to go been looking at the Abu ones but is there anyone other that people have used which are good The harkila ones look ok also
Thinking of making my long walks much easier and can move about more easily with one of theses

thanka

I have a daiwa rucksack stool
I bought it as a roaming tool but find it quite an inconvenience.
the stool itself rarely finds a flat bit of bank and it needs it to be stable.
it’s very uncomfortable to the point most of the time I actually just sit on my unhooking mat.
the bag holds plenty but it’s narrow and deep meaning I’m consistently emptying it and filling it on the bank when looking for things.
I don’t really rate mine very much at all. Give me a chair and a ruckbag any day of the week.

If I could find one I would get another efgeeco pakaseat
Sadly I gave mine away to a guy who came to pick up a skip before I moved house, plus an Efgeeco Midland tackle box. Brilliant for roaming, but if the bank was smooth and sloping it tended to behave like sitting on a sledge/sleigh 😳

Have you considered a Shimano Bum Buddy @Paul Clotworthy ?? Hard to find now, but excellent for roaming.

Maybe not a good has I thought one would be with the banks being steep on the river maybe look into a super lite chairs which can be carried on strap on back I have to hold mine under my arm at the min don’t really like sitting on the floor find it very uncomfortable

Maybe not a good has I thought one would be with the banks being steep on the river maybe look into a super lite chairs which can be carried on strap on back I have to hold mine under my arm at the min don’t really like sitting on the floor find it very uncomfortable
Korum roving kit 👍🏻

Back