• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ruckbag replacement

Just bought the Fox Camolite Ruckall. Deeper main compartment and larger, more useful, outer compartments, than the Korum Progress XT. Looks and feels better made and altogether better designed... not least, the simple and very secure chair attachment that Richard drew our attention to in the original post. Wish I'd seen this thread three years ago!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, Richard, but I'm slightly puzzled...

... the dimensions of the Fox Camolite Ruckall I'm looking at, and the Korum Progress XT, are virtually the same: same height, Korum 70mm wider, Fox 20mm deeper. I'm guessing the volume is the same, at 45 litres - not big at all.
I’m using the Korum compact ruckbag. The fox is a lot bigger

I didn't think you could attach a chair to the compact one, so I assumed you had the 'full fat' version.
You can yes but It’s not a standard attachment.
The way my bag and chair connect is not using the Korum hooks. My chair has its own set of back pack straps and the bag is fitted to that. So I’m carrying the chair which is holding the bag rather than carrying the bag which is holding the chair.

Anyway the fox……. Brilliant bag I loved it and I’m sure you’ll have it a very long time. Those zips are some of the most heavy duty I’ve ever seen in fishing luggage

Love my Thinking Anglers Rucksack. Into my 4th season and zero problems. Very well thought out bit of kit
I agree but quite small

Hi men

I went for the Avid version, great quality , lays flat like the Korum , but seems just a bit better all round . With the handles on each end doubles up as barrow bag when barrowing stuff around .

Hatter
Hi Mark
Looking at the Avid. Can. You attach an unhooking mat for roving.
Can’t find the answer on their website.
Thanks

Back