• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ross on Wye Invasion

Graham Elliott

Senior Member & Supporter
I thought only rowing clubs had dispensation on the River Wye for motorised boats?.Anyone know?

Otherwise this is the way it'll go with races along the river!.

Also outside Hope and Anchor pub in Ross they doing canoe hire, £30: an hour.

Oh Joy...
20230625_144523.jpg

Graham,
To my knowledge there is no byelaw prohibiting motorised vessels, excepting the launching and landing from designated areas which applies to all craft. There used to be a cruiser (Kingfisher?) at Symonds Yat, not sure if that still runs? Unless there's a clause in place with Ross Angling Club, I haven't heard of any others.
With the levels we tend to get in summer now, most motor boats wouldn't get beyond the town waters without grounding propellors every mile or so!

Graham,
To my knowledge there is no byelaw prohibiting motorised vessels, excepting the launching and landing from designated areas which applies to all craft. There used to be a cruiser (Kingfisher?) at Symonds Yat, not sure if that still runs? Unless there's a clause in place with Ross Angling Club, I haven't heard of any others.
With the levels we tend to get in summer now, most motor boats wouldn't get beyond the town waters without grounding propellors every mile or so!
Cheers Paul, yes the Sightseeing ones would be licenced. Just having nightmares about this as not seen craft like it ever on the river

I thought only rowing clubs had dispensation on the River Wye for motorised boats?.Anyone know?

Otherwise this is the way it'll go with races along the river!.

Also outside Hope and Anchor pub in Ross they doing canoe hire, £30: an hour.

Oh Joy...View attachment 24313
What a plague and a nuisance!!!! There's a game called battle ships! This one is a little different.... its called rubber dinghy boom, it involves lots of high volatile explosives light them and throw them at the invasive b@#%*&#s and see which bugger sinks first. They are a pain in the arse. Nearly decapitated one clown a couple of years ago with braid! Never had one with an bloody out board fitted though!
Chris

Back