• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ross on Wye/Birmingham Anglers Assoc

Chris Bracey

Hi Guys

having a week in Ross on Wye next week with the family - will maybe get 1 day (Backney booked) and 1 morning to fish as I'll have to entertain the kids at other times.

Can someone tell me where the nearest place to Ross-on-Wye is where i can purchase Birmingham Angling Assoc day tickets - fancy an early morning session on the Teme - back to the family for lunch - but obv. not sure which day of the week yet so cannot purchase them over the telephone.

For the locals - we do plan on having a day (prob Tues) in the Cotswolds/Bourton on the Water - incase that is any nearer to a shop with day tickets.

I have posted this on the Teme/Wye thread as well.

thanks

Chris

BAA Tickets

You might be able to get one in advance by post direct from BAA. Try giving them a call 01562882116. I usually renew my card over the phone with a credit card and it arrives within a day or two.

Good luck

thanks Mark - just checked - thats about 35 miles away from Ross on Wye!

Was hoping for something nearer.

Chris
I think Alan's at Worcester is probably your best option too, travelling up from Ross to fish BAA water on the Teme it's on your way.

Cheers
Mark

Chris just wondering ... you are staying in Ross which is right next to some of the most prolific barbel fishing in the country, but instead you want to drive 35 miles to fish the Teme, a river where (a few sections apart) the barbel fishing is mostly fairly hard. Did I understand you right?

Chris just wondering ... you are staying in Ross which is right next to some of the most prolific barbel fishing in the country, but instead you want to drive 35 miles to fish the Teme, a river where (a few sections apart) the barbel fishing is mostly fairly hard. Did I understand you right?

You do Andy :D - "there is no great genius without a mixture of madness"
Not been on the Teme for 18 months and love the stalking early morning approach.

Thing is guys - i don't know which day of the week I am going and will not know until a day before - I also want to be on the bank for 6am (before shops open).

Thinking of Gloucester Angling Centre - it's on the way to the Cotswolds (family day out) maybe??

Full marks for commitment, Chris :cool::)

The Teme is a beautiful river to fish

Exactly Andy - love the Wye and will get a session on it - but I love the "Hit and Hold" tactic on some of the Teme Pegs - the narrow spate river sections - fishing under my rod tip - thats not a feeling you often get on the WYe or many other rivers I have fished.

Chris if you go from Ross to the Teme then Alans tackle is on route,well just a 10 minute detour into Worcester

You ain't heard me say this right.........Just go fishing, if you should be unlucky enough to meet a bailiff buy a day ticket off him.

You ain't heard me say this right.........Just go fishing, if you should be unlucky enough to meet a bailiff buy a day ticket off him.

Adrian

I was told that about 4 years ago - and genuinely thought i could buy one on the bank. I met the only Bailiff out that day on Eardiston - the trouble i had convincing him was untrue - in the end only when i started to pack up did he offer to take my day ticket money (but he didn't have any day tickets with him) :rolleyes:

Next time i was out at Cotheridge - same happened but this time i had pre purchased a ticket - on my last 3 visits i have met a bailiff!

The one at Eardiston was genuine as I asked him for ID - but I have no doubt he got a pint and a half out of me and the club saw none of it.

In any event i want to pay - and given i am around in the area i will fit a visit in to one of the local shops a day or so beforehand.

cheers

Chris

Chris,

My remark was a bit tongue in cheek, if you really want to help you could buy a book, it's only £32 for the year so you will almost break even after 5 trips and be in profit on your 6th, unfortunately it does run from January to December so over half the year has gone but you could console yourself with the thought that your extra payment will offset some of the revenue lost by the regular poachers.
You could also use the fact that you have a book as justification for a few more visits, the conversation goes, 'I've got to get my moneys worth love'. :D

Back