• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ron Thompson Dynacable

Keith Humphreys

Senior Member & Supporter
Has anyone used this hooklink material? It makes some pretty impressive claims which if true could make it a superb product.

RT Dynacable

Any comments welcome

Keith

Last edited:
Sorry lads and lasses, i'm being a muppet:eek: If anybody (Moderator) can help it would be appreciated:)
Anyway if you look up the product on the website shown you will see what I mean:D

Mod edit:
Link here:
Dynacable

Tried it some years ago.
Others who may have tried it might have a different experience to my own but found the knot strength poor. Think I had (still have 'cos I didn't use it after testing) the 17lb stuff which broke when knotted at around 9lb. It was a midnight blue in colour and I was 'uncomfortable' with the diameter.

Manufacturers may claim 'excellent' abrasion resistance but generally when compared with the equivalent diameter mono, braid is less resistant.
I'd personally take the 'hype' about Kevlar with a pinch of salt with respect to fishing lines.
Go by diameter for an indication of strength and not the stated breaking strain as the stated bs can mean unknotted or knotted - often the former to create more consumer impact (or am I being cynical?)
Tried lots of braids and PowerPro remains my favourite after many years.
Hope this helps,
Cheers
Bob

Bob thanks, I did think that myself but it was worth asking, Did you change the post? If so please let me know how to link from a website:eek: PM if you prefer:)

Back