• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Roger Hurst Rods

Julian Griffiths

Hi guys.

Other than the mobile number on his website & landline number & email address etc, does anyone here know how I can otherwise contact Roger Hurst please?

He's in receipt of my rod blanks & I've been trying to get hold of him for a few weeks & nothing.

Mobile number is dead, no ones answering the workshops landline, or emails.

Just pm me rather than discussing him openly, just in case things aren't good. 👍

Just be nice to know what's going on...

Cheers
Julian

No idea Julian. He’s always been very quick to come back to my emails when I was in discussions with him regarding my hi s float build.
@Kevin Stephenson knows him very well indeed and may have another form of communication for you

No idea Julian. He’s always been very quick to come back to my emails when I was in discussions with him regarding my hi s float build.
@Kevin Stephenson knows him very well indeed and may have another form of communication for you
I've been phoning a few tackle shops that stock Freespirit Rods & it turns out a guy called Simon Bond was up there last week & is due again to collect more of these rods next week.... Suggests to me he's snowed under.... But a quick reply to a email or something would of been nice 😂

Hi guys.

Other than the mobile number on his website & landline number & email address etc, does anyone here know how I can otherwise contact Roger Hurst please?

He's in receipt of my rod blanks & I've been trying to get hold of him for a few weeks & nothing.

Mobile number is dead, no ones answering the workshops landline, or emails.

Just pm me rather than discussing him openly, just in case things aren't good. 👍

Just be nice to know what's going on...

Cheers
Julian
Hi Julian I spoke to him last week. I may be seeing him this coming week as he is doing some work on my float rods. Best to phone him in the mornings Monday to Wednesday apparently he gets in from around 7am.

I've been phoning a few tackle shops that stock Freespirit Rods & it turns out a guy called Simon Bond was up there last week & is due again to collect more of these rods next week.... Suggests to me he's snowed under.... But a quick reply to a email or something would of been nice 😂
Simon Bond owns Free Spirit.

Yeah I'm not worried anymore, just thought something had happened....
It's put my mind at rest, & I'm not going to bother him, as he's up against it. Looking forward to my customs being completed too 👍

here you go

Attachments

• IMG_0752.png
    IMG_0752.png
    956.2 KB · Views: 124
Yeah I'm not worried anymore, just thought something had happened....
It's put my mind at rest, & I'm not going to bother him, as he's up against it. Looking forward to my customs being completed too 👍
He is probably the busiest custom builder around with his contract with free spirit. I’ve never seen so many blanks in one building. Place is just wall to wall with stock

I spoke to Roger today and going to collect my 2 float rods on Tuesday. If you need me to put a word in for you Julian I will.
Hi Kevin

If you could forward me his mobile number (if it has recently changed) via a private message that would be great Kevin.
The landline number is that his workshop number? As I don't want to bother him at home!

I'd love to have an update on my rods though!

Send him my best wishes too please!

Hi Kevin

If you could forward me his mobile number (if it has recently changed) via a private message that would be great Kevin.
The landline number is that his workshop number? As I don't want to bother him at home!

I'd love to have an update on my rods though!

Send him my best wishes too please!
It's best to phone him on the landline Mon to Thurs during the morning. The number on his website its his workshop so he's usually round.

What rods you gone for Kev?
New version of the 15’s ?
No I have 3 original 15ft power float rods. 2 of them have the off the shelf handles they are too thin in the corks the handles are about 2 inches too long and I have had better reel seats but fitted upside down. All this puts the reel nearer the butt and gives a better balance. The new version also have fatter shorter handles IMHO much better for the job in hand.

No I have 3 original 15ft power float rods. 2 of them have the off the shelf handles they are too thin in the corks the handles are about 2 inches too long and I have had better reel seats but fitted upside down. All this puts the reel nearer the butt and gives a better balance. The new version also have fatter shorter handles IMHO much better for the job in hand.
Yes the newer handles are excellent in comparison.
Might get my original hi s done in the same way. The only thing I’d probably want to keep is the metal cap. I do find the older handles being slightly heavier balance the rod better than the new ones slightly

Back