• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rods

Matt Smith

Tony Fordham built Sportex 12’ 1 1/4lb with additional quiver tip top section £100
Tony Fordham built Sportex 12’ 1 1/2lb £90
Drennan Power Barbel (with padded sleeve) 2lb £50 - SOLD
Fox Barbel (possibly Warrior?) 12’ 2 1/4lb £40
Nigel Williams 10’ pike boat rod £30
Sonik Black 13’ beach caster £40
3 Drennan Tench Bream Distance 12’ 2lb £180 - SOLD
Heavy (70g) jerk bait rod £15

Let me know if more details or photos are required.

I live near Pocklington in East Yorkshire. Pick up in person or arrange collection by courier - I have plenty of packaging.

Last edited:
Hi Matt.

I'm interested in the Tony Fordham rods Matt, could I be sent some detailed pictures please mate?

Just pm me them over when you have a moment.😊👍

Tony Fordham built Sportex 12’ 1 1/4lb £90
Tony Fordham built Sportex 12’ 1 1/2lb with quiver tip top section £100
Drennan Big River (with padded sleeve) 2lb £50
Fox Barbel (possibly Warrior?) 12’ 2 1/4lb £40
Nigel Williams 10’ pike boat rod £30
Sonik Black 13’ beach caster £40
3 Drennan Tench Bream Distance 12’ 2lb £180
Heavy (70g) jerk bait rod £15

Let me know if more details or photos are required.

I live near Pocklington in East Yorkshire. I really don’t fancy posting rods again but can at whatever it costs. You can obviously pick up or arrange collection.
Some bargains to be had there, especially the drennans and sportex rods, good luck with the sale

Hi Matt, got a friend interested in the drennan barbel rod, he could collect this week, is it still available?

Regards

Jake

Hi Matt, got a friend interested in the drennan barbel rod, he could collect this week, is it still available?

Regards

Jake
Hi Jake,
The rod is still available but it is actually a Barbel Power rather than Big River (as I originally put). See if your friend is still interested, they’re more than welcome to come and have a look.
Cheers,
Matt

Out of respect to Matt, and at the earliest opportunity, I just wanted to let the rest of you guys know I've decided to not take the opportunity to purchase the Tony Fordham Sportex rods guys. 😊👍

Hi Jake,
The rod is still available but it is actually a Barbel Power rather than Big River (as I originally put). See if your friend is still interested, they’re more than welcome to come and have a look.
Cheers,
Matt
If the Power does it have the 1.75 tip?

Back