• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rods & Reels for sale - Updated with additions (& price reductions)

Alex Warren

Senior Member & Supporter
I'm having a bit of a clear out - No doubt I'm going to miss a few of these if they sell, but they deserve good homes and more use than I'm giving them!

Drennan im9 Classic 13ft Compact - 3 piece, but breaks down to 2x 6ft sections with the additional screw in butt section. Original sleeve. VGC. £110 SOLD

Drennan im9 Finesse 13ft Compact
- 3 piece, but breaks down to 2x 6ft sections with the additional screw in butt section. Original sleeve. VGC. £110 SOLD

Pair of Bob James Fox Travel rods
- 12ft - 5 piece. Rated at 2.25tc, but apparently more like 2lb tc. Firm through action. Bought from the classifieds here a few years back and used 1 of them once! Close to mint. Original hard travel tubes. £240 POSTED for there pair. *Will consider splitting. ONE SOLD

Drennan Acolyte Plus
- 15ft - 3 piece. Original bag. VGC. £160.

Drennan Tench Float - 12.9ft - 3 piece. Some varnish blemishes on blank, but these are minimal. All guides sound. Cork handle & reel fittings in good nick. Original bag. £100.

Mark Tunley Custom Avon Chimera - 11ft - 2 piece - 1.25tc. VGC. Original bag. Will endeavour to get further details on spec and edit accordingly. £180.

Pair of Martin Bowler Drennan Barbel Rods - 12ft - 2 piece. 1.75tc. These were an eBay purchase a few years ago and in the same sort of condition I received them in. Condition consistent with age/usage, some small chips to paint work on reel seats and a couple of minor scuffs on blanks. Cork handles & guides fine. White sight tips removed, again not by me. No sleeves. £200 for the pair. *Will consider splitting.

2 x Shimano X Aero 4000 Baitrunners - Used, but in VGC. Serviced yearly since purchased. No boxes/paperwork. £190 POSTED for the pair.
*Will consider splitting. ONE SOLD

Japanese made Daiwa Emblem-S 5000T
. Original Box & Paperwork. Very little use. More or less mint with no fading to decals, etc. Faded Johnson Ross price label on box states £94.99 - but must be 25+ years old. Might have some retro value, wouldn't have a clue... Certainly looks the part! Offers considered.

Photos & further details provided upon request - just drop me a PM.

Would prefer collection from Emsworth, Hampshire or just outside of Chichester, West Sussex. Meets in Ringwood or Christchurch also possible, subject to fishing conditions being right! 😄

Willing to conside rod postage at buyers arrangement, expense & risk - I just can’t promise I’ll be able to action the packaging and/or be available to hand over to couriers, if you’re in a particular hurry! Will do my best though!

Last edited:
Some nice gear there Alex, it's got me twitching! I live in York though, and although my mum lives in New Milton, I'm not going to be there any time soon. I'll enjoy watching these beauties being snapped up (so to speak!!!!!!)

See above, re the Finesse.

The Standard version is still available. Just got it out of the fishing den while doing the photos of the Finesse for Julian. It’s a minter - plastic wrap still on the butt and compact dolly section. Drop me a PM, if you want more info/photos.

Have just started fishing again after a number of years.
very interested in buying rod and I live locally so can give cash on collection

The Tunley rod is a peach of a rod I think it was one of mine if I remember 👌
Hi Robert, I have spoken to Alex and he said it's one of yours, just waiting on him to get back to me regarding the build but he's mega busy at work so if you could enlighten me I'd be very grateful.

Last edited:
Back