• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rod tip repair?

David Tainton

Hello Kind Sirs,
Quick question, after spectacularly being a prat of the highest order-I broke the tips of 2 Nash Scopes at the same time, can they be repaired? and if so-who would you recommend? (Bob G I think is for the moment on other projects). Nash quoted a large amount to replace the top sections, if possible a repair would be great.

DT

Don't think much can be done David, if it's only an inch or two, I would re whip the end guide, you might have to re space the remaining end guides just to keep the action true. Had it happen to me several times, and the rods were just fine.

Hello Kind Sirs,
Quick question, after spectacularly being a prat of the highest order-I broke the tips of 2 Nash Scopes at the same time, can they be repaired? and if so-who would you recommend? (Bob G I think is for the moment on other projects). Nash quoted a large amount to replace the top sections, if possible a repair would be great.

DT

Hi David, I don't know how much you broke off, but my lad did a similar thing with a Nash Barbel rod. Fortunately it was only a couple of inches so i filed it down flush and fixed a new tip ring. Ended up with an 11ft 9" rod (somewhere between 1.75 and 2lb) instead of a 12ft X 1.75TC and it is still a very nice and useable rod.:) Good luck anyway

Stephen

Tips

Thanks for replies-in all cases its the top 2 inches-the rods are a 2.25 and a 2.75, I think it will work well on the 2.25. Still need a good rod builder to do it!

Two inches is nothing to worry about, you don't need a rod builder, just get a end guide and araldite to the tip, trust me it's easy.

I would have thought that as 'tis the season of goodwill, you would regale us with the story of how you came to break two of them. Most of us are already merry, so peeing ourselves with laughter is but the natural progression. Pretty please :D

Cheers, Dave.

Back