• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rod Rest Angle adaptors

Brendon Mullins

Any recommendations for an adaptor to angle your rod rests or alarms when fishing tips up in the air

I know Fox Black label range do one but £20 for one seems excessive

I use the Jag Mk1's, and have used the Fox ones too. They both work well. Have used cheaper ones in the past but ive not found any that work as well.

Another vote for the Prestons. Use them on sticks with alarms (if necessary) or Korum tripod adaptor (a la Richards recommendation) to reduce splay and footprint . . . . versatile and rock solid!

I got these but seems out of stock everywhere at the moment ??
but they are the nuts !!

I have a pair of these Gerry, bulletproof imo , with a large enough tightening knob that you can actually grip .
Mine came from the bay of E some years ago . Seem to be unavailable atm . I think I paid about £6.00 each which is a bargain .

David

I got these but seems out of stock everywhere at the moment ??
but they are the nuts !!
I use these solid
I have a pair of these Gerry, bulletproof imo , with a large enough tightening knob that you can actually grip .
Mine came from the bay of E some years ago . Seem to be unavailable atm . I think I paid about £6.00 each which is a bargain .

David
I use them as well. Got them off ebay

preston ones about the best
I agree as there is a lot of thought gone into the I-design gear.
The teeth between the two married joints are superb for staying put but also very useful at getting them in the exact same place same angle every time. There is a locking nut on both sides too so you can lock them in a certain place on the stick or bar and lock the rest or buzzer at exactly the way you need it to face before bottoming out the threads on either end.
By a clear mile the best ones money can buy and at £8 they are practically giveaway

David
Yes to begin with I bought some stainless ones when I did a trip to Morocco but wasnt very happy with them hurt your fingers trying to tighten or loosen them
but then I saw these on Ebay £5.56 each at the time I wished I had bought some spare ones now as to me they are perfection 👍

Back