• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rod price on eBay…crazy…

Huanzhou Zhu

Came across this on eBay today, I am wondering if people really gonna pay that much for these rods…
4EA75A00-CC33-4E26-A407-A184D7322C05.png

Not me - the seller's a total chancer!
Unfortunately, someone with a little less nous will probably pay that amount.

Sometimes people put a daft price on as a way of keeping the ad live, but not standing a chance of selling it.

For instance if the rods up for sale elsewhere and they are waiting on someone coming to view the rods.

If the sale falls through they don't have the rigmarole of relisting, nor is it likely that someone will buy them and they then have to refund them.

A few of the JW travel rods have been selling for pretty silly money in the last six months or so. If it's not just a "holding" price, the seller is being rather optimistic based on them being unused.

12.8% selling to come off that. So that’s down to 435 ish🤣.
I know a few people that sell on eBay and most add the selling & combined postage fees onto the asking price.
Things are only worth what someone’s prepared to pay. If you don’t mind sitting on the item and times no problem someone will buy it.
A customer of mine sells audio books, I’ve known her to have listing that are a year old but they sell in the end.
She just refreshes the listing and it goes again until it’s sold.

Back