• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rod builder near reading

Ben Jennings

Hi chaps, does anyone know a rod builder near to reading? I'm after someone to rebuild an old carp rod into an Avon style rod (new handle, reel seat, rings etc). I've tried the couple of local ones I know of (Hampshire rods and custom fishing Rods And they're both too busy so was wondering if you guys know of any that are within an hour drive (much easier than having to post) then let me know. Thanks

You could try the Tackle Box in Wokingham Road, Reading. Tel: 0118 926 9183. He has put replacement rings onto my rod for me but I don't know if he will do full rebuilds.

Ben
Ask at Cookham Tackle...if its still open.
. There is a guy nearby that did some work for me. He lives in Cookham.

Excellent but expensive.

Hi Ben,
Tony who did have Reading Angling used to repair rods before he retired,he might be able to do it for you......get in touch with Alan at Thames Valley Angling in Tilehurst who could put you in touch,he might also know of someone.....hope this helps

Back