• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Robust large baitdropper.

Alex Dalton

Senior Member & Supporter
Can anyone advise on a robust large baitdropper, tried a few but most do not stand up for a long , the wire hinges seem to be the main weak area after a bit of use .

Thanks for the info.

Have tried both seymo and the larger one on tebay, destroyed numerous of these banjo shaped droppers within a few sessions, one fellow angler had made his own tube version that went in sideways with a door that opened at one end, not found a good one yet will keep looking .

Surprisingly I've still got the much maligned fox plastic bait dropper after years of dropping it into the rocky river trent.

I've often preferred the plastic Thamesly type because they're well balanced and drop where you intend. The bigger brass droppers often need a dedicated rod and a bigger lead attached to stop them kiting in strong flows.
Sore subject really,... I lost a favourite 3" brass dropper ( that I had adapted with a 2 oz inline lead ) this week in an unseen snag,... like losing an old friend.:eek:

Back