• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Roach

Chris Guy

I'm wondering how instant pellets would be for Roach on a stretch of River that doesn't get fished much.
[/QUOTE]
Not as instant as bread or maggots. ;)

Simon Burt

First trip of the year on the bread feeder yesterday evening. Nothing huge but great to catch some perfect looking roach and explore a new swim. Lots of bites as the light faded. The river smells of autumn. :)

usually fish caster in the quest for roach but used hookable pellet on the Dorset stour in September and manage to land a 2lb roach to my amazement 😀

Hi simon
I’ve had one before over 40yrs ago when I was still at school, so along wait between fish😂 it was from the river colne uxbridge middx I remember like it was yesterday fishing with school a mate trotting a float with caster and bang there it was
A angler along the bank came and weighed it for me it was 2lb 3oz I’ll never forget it fantastic memories the chap who weighed it for me couldn’t believe either
my stour fish was 2lb on the nose with one of my sons on the scales
best of luck in your quest for the 2lb