1. You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Roach

Discussion in 'Other Species Fishing' started by Graham Elliott, May 5, 2017.

1. Guy Leeder

Guy Leeder Senior Member

No probs - be interested to hear how you get on.

2. Graham Elliott

Graham Elliott Senior Member

A fantastic day on the Test with over 50 roach with about 8 well over the lb.Best 1.12.. Thought I had a monster roach between 2 1/2 and 3lb but on inspection a roach/bream hybrid.

4 golden bream to 7lb, a few perch to over the lb. Dace to 14oz grayling over the lb and a few rudd to 1.8. And about 25 trout to 7lb.

Mate Rog had similar topped with a 2.4 rudd. Knackered.

3. Dave Taylor

Dave Taylor Senior Member

A good day indeed Graham,.. used to catch quite a few Broach from the Royalty years ago. See you later,.. if you’re not to knackered !;)

4. Mark Swaby

Mark Swaby Senior Member

What a fantastic day's float fishing Graham,a very special bit of water,Golden bream now that's a new species.

5. Graham Elliott

Hi Mark.
    They should be. Bright Gold like Rudd almost and slime free.

And fight reasonably well.

6. Chris Guy

Chris Guy Senior Member

Pretty stupendous day Graham, and to get rudd on that river is pretty amazing.I had a little rudd off the Ouse the other week but, I hear there are better ones towards Ely.

7. Graham Elliott

Yes Chris and really a bit disappointing. I am sure they will interbreed with the roach as well to a degree. I was told past floods being the cause. Last season also a single barbel was spotted.

I have also caught one rudd in the Wye. Mind you the local carp ponds are full of them.

The best rudd I ever caught was of a Bedfordshire brick pit. Once featured on a John Wilson programe.

8. Paul Stockley

Paul Stockley Senior Member

Mission accomplished
    Within half an hour of starting this morning I had my first float caught 2lber from the Wye 2lb 6ozs had 3 over 2lb on a red letter day at Ross about 8 years ago but they fell to flake and mashed bread cage feeder.Pb 2lb 10ozs from the Monnow in 2004

9. Paul Stockley

Paul Stockley Senior Member

Mission accomplished
    Within half an hour of starting this morning I had my first float caught 2lber from the Wye 2lb 6ozs had 3 over 2lb on a red letter day at Ross about 8 years ago but they fell to flake and mashed bread cage feeder.Pb 2lb 10ozs from the Monnow in 2004

10. Graham Elliott

Well done Paul.
    Thats cracking. Still trying to find the roach places.

Brill

11. Howard Cooke

Howard Cooke Senior Member

Well that’s inspired me. As soon as I can actually get out to fish, I’m on a roach quest. Super fish that Paul.