• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Roach

A fantastic day on the Test with over 50 roach with about 8 well over the lb.Best 1.12.. Thought I had a monster roach between 2 1/2 and 3lb but on inspection a roach/bream hybrid.

4 golden bream to 7lb, a few perch to over the lb. Dace to 14oz grayling over the lb and a few rudd to 1.8. And about 25 trout to 7lb.

Mate Rog had similar topped with a 2.4 rudd. Knackered.

Pretty stupendous day Graham, and to get rudd on that river is pretty amazing.I had a little rudd off the Ouse the other week but, I hear there are better ones towards Ely.

Yes Chris and really a bit disappointing. I am sure they will interbreed with the roach as well to a degree. I was told past floods being the cause. Last season also a single barbel was spotted.

I have also caught one rudd in the Wye. Mind you the local carp ponds are full of them.

The best rudd I ever caught was of a Bedfordshire brick pit. Once featured on a John Wilson programe.

Mission accomplished
Within half an hour of starting this morning I had my first float caught 2lber from the Wye 2lb 6ozs had 3 over 2lb on a red letter day at Ross about 8 years ago but they fell to flake and mashed bread cage feeder.Pb 2lb 10ozs from the Monnow in 2004

Mission accomplished
Within half an hour of starting this morning I had my first float caught 2lber from the Wye 2lb 6ozs had 3 over 2lb on a red letter day at Ross about 8 years ago but they fell to flake and mashed bread cage feeder.Pb 2lb 10ozs from the Monnow in 2004