• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Riverside cottage (Canon Bridge). Swans/Herons (Byford)

Nice picturesque pool to yourself , need good knees for the steep wooden steps up and down , could do with some storage for tackle, nice friendly dog Carlos likes to visit.

Nice picturesque pool to yourself , need good knees for the steep wooden steps up and down , could do with some storage for tackle, nice friendly dog Carlos likes to visit.
Thanks for the reply Alex, is the accommodation ok as I’ll be taking the Mrs and the fishing Please?

Accommodation is not bad the kitchen is a bit pokey, caught my first wye barbels to just over 8lb and some 4lb plus chub , all nice scale perfect fish . Look in the guest book for some good fishing info if you go , some good sized barbel have been caught, the pool does have a couple of snags that are drawn in the guest book , but never lost a fish to them and being able to sneak out early doors and fish into darkness is a plus facor, avoided the fishing widow syndrome too much, plenty of kingfishers zooming up and down as well , good place to social distance fish as only used by those staying at the cottage .

Accommodation is not bad the kitchen is a bit pokey, caught my first wye barbels to just over 8lb and some 4lb plus chub , all nice scale perfect fish . Look in the guest book for some good fishing info if you go , some good sized barbel have been caught, the pool does have a couple of snags that are drawn in the guest book , but never lost a fish to them and being able to sneak out early doors and fish into darkness is a plus facor, avoided the fishing widow syndrome too much, plenty of kingfishers zooming up and down as well , good place to social distance fish as only used by those staying at the cottage .
Thanks very much Alex.

Back