• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

RIVER WYE VENUES

Tim Speller

Hi..Having travelled last year to the River Wye in Sept, I fished 3 venues over 2 days. Can anyone suggest other venues for those not quite a young a fit as we once were either in Hay-on-wye or the general Upper, Mid or lower beats please . Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
The Fownhope stretches on the Wye & Usk passport have some accessible swims, although one of them, I think it’s Fownhope 5, has a uphill walk to get to some of them

Fownhope is around half way between Hereford and Ross

You also have the BAA stretch that's not too bad swim wise

Annual Membership costs the same or less as two day tickets on other sections.

Tim, check out Old Harp Fishery on the web and Letton Court on Facebook, both have easy access swims. Lots of day ticket in and around Hereford, tickets from tackle shops.

I have visited Aramstone a couple of times, you can drive along most of the bank and its well kept. The bailiff will also point you in the right direction from experience.

Back