• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River wye fishing

Jonathan Jones

im free next week and wont to fish the wye and catch my 1st wye barbel"

where is the best place to fish and get ticket? does eneyone know of private run stretch that does day tickets as may join for this summer"

thanks guys

Jonathan, go to Woodys in Hereford, he sells day tickets which cost a fiver, he will also put you on fish if you don't want to explore yourself. If you don't fancy Hereford lots of other places like Ross or have a look at this ... http://www.wyeangling.co.uk/page_2920902.html

Only visited his shop once, sold us some day tickets, and gave us a map. :eek: After deciphering the hieroglyphics :D We eventually found the parking layby. Before unloading the car, we decided to walk the short distance ( so we were told ), to look at the river. After a mile+ hike, up and down dale, most of it down. We thought better of it. Didn't fancy the walk back uphill in the dark and peeing down with rain. Pinned the tickets to the fence and went elsewhere. :(

some of the HDAA bits do require a walk and guess what .. the further you walk the less anglers you see ! I usually find myself on my own most of the time. There are plenty of places where you can drive to your peg if you are prepared to pay £15 or £20 a day.

Yes he does, he'd have to tell you where to park as I couldn't advise on the nearest parking. I imagine you could get within a few hundred yards.

Yes he does, he'd have to tell you where to park as I couldn't advise on the nearest parking. I imagine you could get within a few hundred yards.
Is this section of river by the town and woodys shop buddy" im thinking Thursday/Friday" is maggot feeder your best bet this time of year on the wye?

The tennis courts section is in town downstream from the road bridge, Woodys is 5 mins away upstream of the bridge. I'd def try maggot feeder but I'd also still try pellet as well, but one may out fish the other depending on the conditions. Why don't you give Woody a call, let him know you're coming up and I'm sure he'll give you some good advice.

Back