• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Wye day ticket

Yes I seen that Paul, thanks, downstream of the canoe launch only isn't it?
We're thinking in the week around mid October so hopefully fairly quiet.
Where does the stretch end downstream?
The DT stretch is as follows... look for Bishopswood stores on the main road on right heading southbound, you can buy DT here. Then after exiting stores head north for about 150 yds to Worcester AA car park, you need to keep alert to locate entrance on left . Park here and follow path through field to fishery. Pegs up and downstream, downstream pegs I have only ever fished, and stretch extends to end of field terminating in a shallow run that is ideal for wading the stick.

The stretch ends at the garden of the first riverside cottage, it is a long way downstream, a fair way below the garage/mobile home site. It is roughly a mile and a half of river.

Last edited:
It’s probably worth pointing out the canoes tend to only be out and about in the day, day. Early morning, like before 10 and after say 4/5 the pretty much grind to a halt if you see any. So prime times they aren’t really about anyway.

Re canoes - at Kerne Bridge commercials tend to launch between 9-10 am and 1.30-2.30.

Would advise anyone to use the Worcester car park as the parking at Bishopswood Hall/car park is now chargeable (this is all part of the development of the canoe launch which i wont get into yet but is the biggest issue in the parish). As Neil says, if coming from Kerne Bridge car park is on right just before a stone house on bend, by the bus stop - often the gate is closed. If you get to the garage/stores you have missed the car park.

DTs are now £10 - season is £40 (i think).

Re canoes - at Kerne Bridge commercials tend to launch between 9-10 am and 1.30-2.30.

Would advise anyone to use the Worcester car park as the parking at Bishopswood Hall/car park is now chargeable (this is all part of the development of the canoe launch which i wont get into yet but is the biggest issue in the parish). As Neil says, if coming from Kerne Bridge car park is on right just before a stone house on bend, by the bus stop - often the gate is closed. If you get to the garage/stores you have missed the car park.

DTs are now £10 - season is £40 (i think).
Yep the prices have gone up, but at least it's not WUF prices.I find that after 3pm in the summer canoes are an almost extinct species. Can we STOP talking about the Wye now, some still have to work.:(

Back