• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Wey, Addlestone, Cemex.

John Cook

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone on here fish this stretch or have any info regarding said stretch that they would be kind enough to share with me?? Thinking of maybe giving it a go next season..PM if prefer...

Be Lucky:)

Interesting stretch, if you wander around down there long enough you should meet the baliff - cant for the life of me remeber his name, but he certainly has had a few fish worth talking about. Boilies and pellet being the standard fare. About half way down during the summer a huge bed of lillies and cabbages form - may still be in residence - always looked damn tasty.

Have fished it the last couple of seasons, not an easy stretch by any means but makes the rewards much more satisfying, usually very quiet which is just how I like it
Good luck if you decide to join next season

Roman,

Thank you for that info...

Rob,

Thanks for that, yes it sounds just how i also like it, seriously thinking og giving it a go next term.....Nice price ticket for an old codger like me:(

Thats nice of you to offer Rob but i will be on the Colne tomorrow.

Could still buy a ticket for it last season, but was hardly fished at all, they are and have been looking to lease it to a club, can't see that happening myself so will more than likely become a free for all. Since the recent floods the banks have suffered badly with a lot of it washed/falling away and becoming unstable, also a tree has fallen over into the river, guessing that the EA will be responsible for sorting that out

Sounds interesting! I might have a wonder down there before the season starts, I've got a stretch down near weybridge high street of the wey on my ticket with weybridge AS. Planning on giving that a go for the carp but would be nice to give that stretch a try too!

Just out of interest, does anyone here know if Chertsey Pit is still being run by cemex or not? Cannot for the life of me find any info about this!

I gave the number a ring, got through to a machine saying that noone works there anymore, they're not doing any tickets, so I recon it's a hop over the fence job!

Back