• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River trent video in flood

You have to say that its grim but if you observe the river when low or normal theres a few spots worth a try on there

Hi Bob,

Your right...the only problem is the walk from Holme through the floods which is about 1.5miles.. the cattle drink on your favorite stretch is not bad.

I sat on the corner of that wall in the Nov 2000 floods and fished meat on a cane rod, level was just the same. I had two 11's.

Happy days.

Last edited:
It looks easily fishable, the beauty of the Trent in flood is miles of clear banks with hardly a bramble or a bush to worry about, compare that to the Severn and it's a doddle. I just wish I lived closer.

Hey Chris sorry but take it we have met on the bank , might give cattle drink a go mid week

Sorry Chris got who you are now ;) . looking like may have to delay Trent visit as its on its way up again !!!!!!!!!!!

Back