• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River trent day ticket

Hi guys just wondering if any of yous could put me on to some day ticket & night fishing on the trent around Newark way or any where else on the trent where I could go for some barbel not really fished the trent & would like a go at it but every where I look on the net is either club stuff where you can not get a membership, I only know about the A1 stretch, cheers

Try Bobs Island. It gets quieter this time of year, the bailiff and owners have put a lot of work in and it’s worth a visit. There’s a locked gate with code required for access now too (you ring the bailiff on the number on the gate).

£10 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am.

Try Bobs Island. It gets quieter this time of year, the bailiff and owners have put a lot of work in and it’s worth a visit. There’s a locked gate with code required for access now too (you ring the bailiff on the number on the gate).

£10 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am.
Good stuff herd a lot about it but was put off from some stories have you fished it recently?

Good stuff herd a lot about it but was put off from some stories have you fished it recently?

Last season was the last time I fished it, would fish it more but I’m on a syndicate so fish there usually.

Never had any trouble at Bobs and I’ve been there by myself on some winter sessions. Yes there’s a traveller camp across the river, but apart from a lot of transit tippers going in and out you don’t notice.

I’ve heard the stories, but I’ve heard stories about plenty of other places too! The bailiff is a good lad and has put a lot of work into the island this season.

Last season was the last time I fished it, would fish it more but I’m on a syndicate so fish there usually.

Never had any trouble at Bobs and I’ve been there by myself on some winter sessions. Yes there’s a traveller camp across the river, but apart from a lot of transit tippers going in and out you don’t notice.

I’ve heard the stories, but I’ve heard stories about plenty of other places too! The bailiff is a good lad and has put a lot of work into the island this season.
That’s good to hear thanks I am going to give it a visit

That’s good to hear thanks I am going to give it a visit
Bob's island is on the dyke and the fishing isn't like the river. 1.75lbs TC rods will be more that enough with 3 or 4 oz weights to fish the far side margin.
Not fished it for a few years but sounds like it's improved immensely. It used to be a reyt tip.

Bob's island is on the dyke and the fishing isn't like the river. 1.75lbs TC rods will be more that enough with 3 or 4 oz weights to fish the far side margin.
Not fished it for a few years but sounds like it's improved immensely. It used to be a reyt tip.
Yeah I’ve looked more into it it’s not for me there pal

I have never been there but heard Bobs and this place are the 2 best places ?

Back