• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

river towy

Never heard of them John. I know someone who lives in Haverfordwest and regularly fishes the Towy for sea trout and I've never heard mention of barbel in there. I lived in Pembrokeshire for a good few years and kept up with local river reports and my brother still lives there now and it would be a major surprise to me if there were any barbel there.

Thanks Alex, its just that someone i know has a nice stretch of it and i just wondered if my luck had changed mate, again thanks for the reply. john

Thanks Alex, its just that someone i know has a nice stretch of it and i just wondered if my luck had changed mate, again thanks for the reply. john

Sea trout would certainly be a good challenge John, summer nights a fly rod would be heaven for some, the very pinnacle, and yet we 'umble Barbel anglers prefer Mr Boris to the sleek wary beautiful sea trout, what are we like :rolleyes:

Back