• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Thames Sewage.....

Julian Griffiths

I'm just so utterly speechless at the responses of this Thames water sewage employer.... But wanted to share!

The only positives are, at least these criminal acts & awareness of the illegal dumping of sewage in our river's is getting highlighted more & more these days!

Indeed; we have to cling to the impact of this sort of publicity.

There is a very impressive LibDem MP (Layla Moran) who represents the Abingdon area; and she has been putting huge pressure on Thames Water for a while.

In my time on the EA Thames RFERAC committee I had the misfortune to meet the PR boss of Thames Water several times. He came across as a ‘snake oil’ salesman. I think he eventually became a main board director…..

Did like his Honesty which makes a change when it comes to Thames Water spokesperson. Sixteen hours WOW, two of our local STW'S Chesham and Gerrards cross are over 1000 hours this year. Maple Lodge is also probably over 500 hours.

Indeed; we have to cling to the impact of this sort of publicity.

There is a very impressive LibDem MP (Layla Moran) who represents the Abingdon area; and she has been putting huge pressure on Thames Water for a while.

In my time on the EA Thames RFERAC committee I had the misfortune to meet the PR boss of Thames Water several times. He came across as a ‘snake oil’ salesman. I think he eventually became a main board director…..
Post some sewage through his letterbox🤣🤣

This story has just been on the BBC1 breakfast programme.

The sewage works concerned is Little Marlow.

I’ve fished that stretch a little; and there is a sewage outlet halfway down. If you fish downstream of the pipe the river often starts to stink just after it gets dark…….

Does make you wonder if these so called celebrities weren't living on sewers out flow doorstep, whether or not it would get the same sort of attention.....

The same the other week with the protest in Newbury. If it wasn't for the fact its a chalk stream & game fishing being affected, would we be seeing the same people turn out if it wasn't affecting their game sport?

I supported it, purely for the rivers at large, just a shame coarse, game, sea anglers don't come together in the numbers that would be hard to ignore!

Last edited:
Back